As recent advertising shows CBD Oil is now entering mainstream use as a viable form of relief for sufferers of chronic pain and many other disorders and ailments. Many people are still unsure about what CBD Oil is and how it can be used. I would like to take this opportunity to discuss its various forms, how you can take it and who can benefit from using it. As scientific studies continue to investigate its properties, it is now being understood that Vaping is one of best bio-available ways to take CBD oil when compared with other balms and edible products.
The Scientific Bit
CBD is one of over a hundred compounds contained with the host Cannabis plant which are known as Cannabinoids. Many people shy away from CBD oil as they associate it with the host plant’s illegality, but CBD oil products contain either minute amounts of the psychoactive compound Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) or none at all, this also means that it will not get you ‘high’. CBD interacts with the body’s pain neurotransmitters in the brain to give relief from a wide range of illnesses and mental health disorders.
Two Different Types of CBD
There are two specific types of CBD contained in the various CBD oil vapes, Skin Balms and Edible products, these are referred to as –
- CBD Isolate – this has all the other compounds removed and is CBD in its purest form.
- CBD Distillate – contains all the other compounds from the host plant minus the THC, this is also sometimes called Full Spectrum CBD.
To be considered legal for sale Distillate or Full Spectrum Cbd oil must have a THC level below 0.3%, at this level it can be sold as Hemp and anything above that level is considered Cannabis and illegal.
Who Can Find Relief?
The range of illnesses and disorders affected by using CBD oil continues to evolve and expand as ongoing scientific research studies investigate its uses, but these do now include –
- Chronic pain from arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and spinal problems.
- Helps offset the symptoms of Anxiety, Depression and Epilepsy.
- Can form part of a treatment program for Opioid addiction.
- Eases the complications of Diabetes.
- Can protect against Neurological diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
Further online research is recommended as there is a wealth of helpful and informative articles concerning the studies of CBD oil and its benefits.
How Can I Take CBD Oil?
There are varied ways to take CBD oil via the ever-increasing number of products which continue to be developed, they generally fall into three categories which are –
- Orally taken products – tinctures dripped under the tongue and edibles such as sweets and gummies fall into this category.
- Skin products – Balms and oils are rubbed into the skin and enter the body in this manner.
- Vaping Liquids – CBD oil when combined with flavoured e-liquids van then be vaped using the standard vaping devices.
If you are already vaping as a means of giving up smoking, then it’s fairly simple to try CBD oil but you might wish to have a spare tank and switch between your usual vape and your CBD oil vape. It is also recommended to start with a fairly small dose of CBD oil and work upwards once you understand the effects it has on you, your body, and your illness.